About Zero Two Hero Foundation
The Zero Two Hero Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization which helps promote the safety and well being of children by raising funds to support organizations that aid in the preservation of families through foster care, adoption, and child welfare services, as well as helping the homeless.
The Zero Two Hero Foundation was established in 2005 by Gilbert Arenas. It was formed because Gilbert recognizes as we all do that all children are special and have unique talents-- even those children who, like Gilbert did, are growing up in challenging situations.
To date the Zero Two Hero Foundation has….
- Hosted Gilbert’s Annual Christmas Dream for Kids. Currently entering its seventh year.
One year Gilbert’s Annual Christmas Dream treated 300 kids to a holiday event, dinner, a Wizards game, and holiday presents.
- Donated goods totaling $ 18,000 for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Raised over $ 215,000 for public schools in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area
with its inaugural “Gilbert Scores for School”.
Gilbert donated $ 100 per point to the designated school during every Wizards home game.
- Summer 2007; partnered with Beyonce’s the Survivor Foundation to do a pre-concert canned food drive to benefit the Capital Area Food Bank.
- Gilsarena.com hosted an online auction raising over $ 75,000 for the Zero Two Hero Foundation.
- Donated to the Arial Home Initiative.